The Eastern Connecticut State University American Association of University Professors is seeking a Part-time Office Manager.
Intermediate or better proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Excel and Publisher; Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including telephone skills.
An understanding of the architecture of websites and experience in creating and updating websites and web pages, especially using WordPress; or the willingness, desire, and ability to expand that knowledge.
This is an hourly wage position with no benefits; 2 to 4 days per week with 12 hours minimum; 19 hours maximum per week; hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Applicants should send a cover letter and resume by email, fax, or US Mail to:Kris Jacobi J. Eugene Smith Library Eastern Connecticut State University 83 Windham Street Willimantic, CT 06226 Ph: 860.465.4508 Fax: 860.465.5523 Email: email@example.com
Resumes will be considered upon receipt and the job will remain open until filled.
ECSU-AAUP Chapter Office Manager
The ECSU-AAUP Chapter Office manager reports to and assists the Chapter President. The daily routine varies substantially and the Chapter Manager must have the ability to prioritize.
- Telephone intake for ECSU-AAUP office
- Scans documents as needed to improve file organization
- Maintain and update office filing system
- Responsible for general office organization and efficiency
- Performs administrative support tasks, e.g., proofreading
- Keeps track of office supplies and places orders after approval of Chapter President
- Assists all committees formed by ECSU-AAUP
- Assists in planning events for ECSU-AAUP
- Makes reservations associated with events
- Handles payments in consultation with President and Treasurer and CSU-AAUP Business Manager
- Provides general assistance to members, responds to questions about benefits, contract provisions, etc. when possible; refers matters to Chapter officers when necessary or appropriate
Communication with Members
- Assists current Union Rag editor with production and dissemination of ECSU-AAUP Newsletter
- Maintains, expands, and updates ECSU-AAUP website as directed
- Creates and distributes brochures, flyers, etc., electronically and in hard copy
- Maintain paper and electronic records of ECSU-AAUP membership forms
- Is sensitive to and maintains confidentiality
Communication with ECSU
- Prepares correspondence with ECSU officials on ECSU-AAUP and CSU-AAUP matters as necessary
Assistance to ECSU-AAUP Officers
- Assists with scheduling meetings
- Provides assistance as needed
- Attends Chapter meetings
Assistant to ECSU-AAUP President
- Carry out directives as necessary