The University of Connecticut Health Center-American Association of University Professors (UCHC-AAUP) is seeking candidates for the position of Executive Director. UCHC-AAUP represents the faculty at UConn Health, consisting of over 500 researchers, educators and clinicians, including physicians and dentists. The Executive Director reports directly to the elected union leadership and facilitates all aspects of chapter operations, including:
- Oversee operation of union office (one other full-time employee); work with accounting firm, auditors, and others to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Respond to member grievances, complaints, questions; represent bargaining unit members in disciplinary hearings, grievances, and appeals, in coordination with union counsel
- Assist chief negotiator and union counsel with contract negotiations
- Assist elected officers, Executive Council and Collective Bargaining Council, and keep them informed of developments/issues that need to be acted upon. Prepare agendas for and schedule EC and CBC meetings.
- Foster good communication with bargaining unit members; recruit new members
- Provide outreach to senior University administration, state legislature, and governor’s office; coordinate activities of lobbyists and advocates
- Oversee publicity, including newsletters and website
- Serve as liaison to national AAUP, state AAUP conference, and SEBAC (coalition of state employee unions)
Candidates should submit a resume and a statement summarizing their experience to Susan Hunt (firstname.lastname@example.org). Specific questions about the position can be addressed to Bruce Mayer (email@example.com).